Saturday, October 6, 2012

10/6/2012 3:13 PM EST - Update


It's been a while since I worked on this project. (Well actually only like 9 days) But I stopped mostly because I was researching the internal mechanics of an airsoft magazine. As you can see in the above image I do, in fact, now have a magazine added to the gun.

Well I'm proud to say I figured out how to make a magazine that works, but at this time only has a 12rd capacity. I may or may not design higher capacity magazines as I go, but I'm sticking with this design for now. Its a basic low-cap mag that's just a tube and a spring. It has other mechanisms to keep the BBs in, but that's the basics. I also put dummy 14.5x114mm ammunition into the mag, 4, just like the real thing. I thought it added a neat factor of realism and awesomeness.


In this picture I exploded the parts to show you how everything I've made goes together. I still have to make the screws to hold the magazine all together, as well as the flash hider, but that isn't too hard. I'll probably do it tomorrow if I can finish my homework tonight.

Once that is done, I can finally move on to things like the magazine release, and breaking apart the stock so it's easier on production.

No comments:

Post a Comment